What category do I apply to?
Discovery Category – For innovators who are in the ideation or discovery stage of their business.
– Ideation– exploration stage
– Discovery– testing ideas, proof of concept, identifying customers
Scale-Up Category – For innovators who are in the validation, efficiency or scale stage of their business.
– Validation– prototype, customer verified, initial orders, Go-to market strategy, pursuing angel funding
– Efficiency– Initial market traction, scaling sales and marketing, financial forecasting, pursuing early stage VC
– Scale– Validated product and market; customer growth, established management team, pursuing later-stage investment
Student Entrepreneur Category – For students attending a post-secondary institution as of September 2017 that have an idea for an innovative, technology or invention based business.
Ontario Power Generation Category – For innovators who want to make an impact in the energy industry and collaborate with OPG. This category is geared towards start-ups and scale-ups that have an original technology in the early-stage, that is innovative and not an already existing product or service available for sale. The product or service should provide a solution to a problem within the scope of OPG’s inspection & maintenance division.
Applicants in all categories must be 18+
PLEASE NOTE: If you are still unsure of what category to apply to, please email email@example.com. Spark Centre reserves the right to move applicants to a different category based on review of you application (no additional fees will apply)