Applications for Ignite 2018 are now closed.
There are 5 categories for Ignite 2018:
- Spark Centre
- Beijing Future Science Park
- OPG Refurbishment
- OPG Inspection & Maintenance
- OPG Environment and Electrification Development
Applicants applying to the Spark Centre & Beijing Future Science Park categories must submit a video explaining your business and your business model (no longer than 3 minutes) as well as a $25 application fee.
There is no fee required to apply to any of the OPG categories, but you are required to submit a video explaining your business.
Need help developing your pitch video? Check out our guide
Selected applicants must attend a Pitch School – a hands-on workshop to help craft the perfect pitch, led by Spark Advisor, Robert Weese. The Pitch School you attend depends on which category you have chosen to apply to.
- Spark Centre & Beijing Future Science Park Pitch School – October 9th
- Ontario Power Generation Pitch School – October 19th
Applicants that have successfully attended their respective Pitch School will be invited to present their 3 minute pitch on stage to our Power Panel of judges. The Power Panel will select 2 finalists in each category who will move on to the Boardroom Competition.
- Spark Centre & Beijing Future Science Park Pitch Competition – October 17th
- Ontario Power Generation Pitch Competition – November 2nd
The final step in the Ignite process – the Ignite finalists will each deliver a 20 minute investment presentation to the Power Panel. The presentation will be followed by a 10 minute Q&A session, where team will face real scrutiny from entrepreneurs, investors, and business leaders who have been there and done that. The Power Panel will then deliberate and select the winners of Ignite 2018. Please note that winners will not be announced until the Ignite Gala.
- Spark Centre & Beijing Future Science Park Boardroom Competition – November 8th
- Ontario Power Generation Boardroom Competition – November 21st
The Ignite Gala is a formal awards ceremony evening. All applicants that delivered their boardroom presentation will be asked to attend. Winners will be announced on stage at this event on December 4th, 2018.
Please make sure you check out our Events Page for more details!