Applications for Ignite 2018 are open from August 27th at 9:00am and close on September 28th at 5:00pm.
There are 5 categories for Ignite 2018:
- Scale-Up (sponsored by Beijing Future Science Park)
- OPG Refurbishment
- OPG Inspection & Maintenance
- OPG Environment
Applicants applying to the Scale up and Discovery categories must submit a video explaining your idea and your business model (no longer than 3 minutes) as well as a $25 application fee.
Selected applicants must attend a Pitch School – a hands-on workshop to help craft the perfect pitch, led by Spark Advisor, Robert Weese. The Pitch School you attend depends on which category you have chosen to apply to.
- Scale up and Discovery Pitch School – October 9th
- OPG Refurbishment Pitch School – October 12th
- OPG Environment Pitch School – October 18th
- OPG Inspection & Maintenance Pitch School – October 19th
Applicants that have successfully attended their respective Pitch School will be invited to present their 3 minute pitch on stage to our Power Panel of judges. The Power Panel will select 2 finalists in each category who will move on to the Boardroom Competition.
- Scale up and Discovery Pitch Competition – October 17th
- OPG Pitch Competition – November 2nd
The final step in the Ignite process – the Ignite finalists will each deliver a 20 minute investment presentation to the Power Panel. The presentation will be followed by a 10 minute Q&A session, where team will face real scrutiny from entrepreneurs, investors, and business leaders who have been there and done that. The Power Panel will then deliberate and select the winners of Ignite 2018. Please note that winners will not be announced until the Ignite Gala.
- Scale up and Discovery Boardroom Competition – November 8th
- OPG Boardroom Competition – November 21st
The Ignite Gala is a formal awards ceremony evening. All applicants that delivered their boardroom presentation will be asked to attend. Winners will be announced on stage at this event on December 4th, 2018.
Please make sure you check out our Events Page for more details!